Tuesday, February 9, 2016

#CMW Artist Showcase - Adée


Canadian Music Week is fast approaching and we thought we would give you glimpse into some of the acts you can look forward to this year!

We had a quick chat with Adée about Canadian music and the upcoming event! 

Hammer Records: Tell us what you think of when you think Canadian Music?
Adée: What I think about when I think Canadian Music Week is fun, and big. I was there performing last spring as well and I had a lot of fun and I saw a lot of really good acts. Torontos own Jazz Cartier among others. 

Hammer Records: How did you get involved in Canadian Music Week?
Adée: I got involved through my partners in Music Help Sweden and Talentcoach who helped me get booked in 2015, and when I got booked later on to South By South West it was a given to also go back to Toronto this year. 

Hammer Records: What do you have planned for Canadian Music Week?
Adée: My plans for this year at Canadian Music Week will be to meet up all the new friends I met last year and hopefully do some collaborations while Im there. My shows will be as always a mixture of hiphop and soul and I hope everyone who's at my shows will have fun and enjoy themselves. 

Hammer Records: What message do you want to send to Canadians listening to your music?
Adée: I hope to bring a sense of power to those who listens to my music. I work hard for equality issues here in Sweden and I hope I will influence people all over to think more and work more for equality. I also wishes to bring a sense of like " I can do this, I can make it if I want it enough" kind of feeling. Don't let anyone tell you what is right for you.

Hammer Records: Whats on the horizon for you?
Adée: I am right now working on an album, my first (after 2 Eps), I am releasing during 2016. Im also performing in the US in March at SXSW and during the summer I´ll have a tour in Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment