Friday, February 19, 2016

#CMW Artist Showcase - Amelie Patterson



Amelie Patterson is performing at the upcoming Canadian Music Week! We wanted to find out her thoughts about the upcoming performance.

Hammer Records: Tell us what you think of when you think Canadian music?
Amelie: I think of road trips as a kid and listening to Neil Young, Joni Mitchel, The Band, Tragically Hip, and Arcade Fire. I think of discovering great local talent on CBC radio 2. 
I think of all of the fantastic support I’ve received from local Canadian radio stations and people from all over Canada. 
It's a really unique, supportive, and creative music scene and I think we should all consider ourselves blessed to be a part of it.

Hammer Records: How did you get involved in Canadian Music Week?
Amelie: I heard from tons of fellow musicians and friends that live in Toronto that it's a really great time to visit when CMW is on because of all the phenomenal talent that is showcased and the good music. I thought why not apply and be a part of it!

Hammer Records: What do you have planned for Canadian Music Week?
Amelie: Mostly I just plan on playing my music as genuinely as I can and having a really great time. I have an album coming out this spring so I’m really looking forward to showcasing those songs.

Hammer Records: What message do you want to send to Canadians listening to your music?
Amelie: Thank you for listening! I’m really excited and honoured to be a part of CMW.

Hammer Records: What do you have in the works right now?
Amelie: I have a new album coming up called Roll Honey Roll and it will be debuting this spring. I can’t wait for share it with Canada and I really look forward to being a part of CMW.
Ameliepattersonmusic.com
IG: @ameliepmusic
Twitter: @ameliepmusic
Soundcloud.com/ameliepattersonmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment