Friday, February 12, 2016

#CMW Artist Showcase - Bitter's Kiss


Bitter's Kiss had some great things to say about her upcoming performance at Canadian Music Week.

Hammer Records: What do you think of when you think Canadian Music?
Bitter's Kiss:  think of Canadian Music as being innovative and creative, with a real authenticity that goes beyond what crosses over to the U.S.  When I was growing up, bands like Grapes of Wrath and Klaatu got as many plays in my home as the Beatles.  I look up to great singer/songwriters like Joni Mitchell and Sarah McLachlan, and of course have been caught up in the Drake phenomenon.

Hammer Records: How did you get involved in Canadian Music Week?
Bitter's Kiss: I received an invitation to participate which was very exciting.  I jumped at the opportunity to participate. 

Hammer Records: What do you have planned for Canadian Music Week?
Bitter's Kiss: I am getting myself organized now and looking for networking opportunities.  I'm actually Canadian by birth, both my parents are from the Toronto area, so would really like to get more plugged into the Canadian music scene.

Hammer Records: What message do you want to send to Canadians listening to your music?
Bitter's Kiss: What I try to do in my music is to talk about the sometimes uncomfortable side of life, things that I believe should be discussed.  I would like listeners to join me in a conversation about the good and the bad and how we can find hope.

Hammer Records: Whats in the future for Bitter's Kiss?
Bitter's Kiss: Next up for me is an EP and another music video, but mostly a lot of writing/recording sessions.  I will showcase in L.A. in April and set up other shows for the summer.  I would love to get shows on the calendar in B.C. and Toronto, so will to do that. My socials are linked to http://www.bitterskiss.com  I have several songs on Spotify, Pandora, iTunes and other digital platforms and my current video playlist is here:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdkL-ydtIu5NowVvWA2Mb3S50fI2_eMtb

No comments:

Post a Comment