Thursday, March 9, 2017

CBC Searchlight - Prescilla


We chatted with Toronto musician Prescilla about her entry into the CBC Searchlight Contest.

Hammer Records: Is this the first time you’ve entered into the CBC Spotlight Contest?
Prescilla: Last year was the first time. I entered in my first single LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B23WjNnplM
This year, I entered  I LOVED YOU, off my debut album MUSIC THERAPY which I self produced.

Hammer Records: Which of the prizes are you most excited about?
Prescilla: I'm most excited about the opportunity, not so much about the prizes. The opportunity to be seen and heard by the amazing artist panel is  an honour, sincerely!

Hammer Records: How would you describe your music to a brand new listener?
Prescilla: Prescilla Una is mix of Alanis Morestte, Lana Del Ray m Jewel and Modonna

Hammer Records: What made you pick the piece of music/video to enter?
Prescilla: I lOVED YOU is a great example of my music arrangements. This song has two separate movements that complement my story telling and singing. Also, the Director and I really laboured over the visuals to match the song writing and feel. This is a hit in my eyes!

Hammer Records: If you could send a message to the judges, what would it be?
Prescilla: I've been in music since I was a kid, professionally since 2012. I'm an indie solo artist with enough skills and talents to not only help myself, but help other indie artists to succeed. I've organized events specifically in the Toronto indie community so that we al grow together in the scene. I feel its time for me to level up in my career, I'm READY! Thank you for taking the time to hear my music and to learn about  me and my life story in music.

To find out more about Prescilla's music go to her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/PRESCILLATORONTO

No comments:

Post a Comment